A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, May 11, 2009

Love and commandments

Today’s Gospel (John 14:21-26) reminds us that the love of God is not just a feeling.

The love of God is bound with eternal truth and with implementing that truth in our daily lives.

(Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.)

Whoever has my commandments
and observes them
is the one who loves me.
Whoever loves me

will be loved by my Father,
and I will love him

and reveal myself to him.

*****

Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him,
and we will come to him

and make our dwelling with him.

Whoever does not love me
does not keep my words;
yet the word you hear is not mine
but that of the Father who sent me.