A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, May 08, 2009

“Do not let your hearts be troubled.”

These are times of trouble.

Many of us are unsure about what we should do or which way we should go.

A few among us even think that suicide may be the way.

It is not.

We cannot come to the peace of our Father’s house by our own hand.

In today’s Gospel (John 14:1-6), our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ says this to you and me:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You have faith in God;
have faith also in me.
In my Father's house
there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you
that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again
and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.
Where I am going
you know the way."

Thomas said to him,
"Master, we do not know where you are going;
how can we know the way?"

Jesus said to him,
"I am the way
and the truth
and the life.
No one comes to the Father
except through me.”