A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Secure

Many people feel very insecure nowadays.

The threat of unemployment makes them feel insecure in their jobs.

The threat of foreclosure makes them feel insecure in their homes.

The threats of crime and terrorism makes them feel insecure everywhere.

But no matter what threats may overshadow us or troubles may afflict us, faithful Christians can feel secure, for the Son of God holds us in His hand, as we hear in today’s Gospel (John 10:22-30):

My sheep hear my voice;
I know them, and they follow me.


I give them eternal life,
and they shall never perish.

No one can take them out of my hand.

My Father, who has given them to me,
is greater than all,
and no one can take them out of the Father's hand.

The Father and I are one.