A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Listen to the One

There are many voices in the world today.

Voices of fear.

Voices of temptation.

Voices of clever-sounding liars.

In today’s Gospel (John 10:11-18), we hear another voice.

The voice of love,

The voice of goodness.

The voice of truth.

I am the good shepherd,
and I know mine
and mine know me,
just as the Father knows me
and I know the Father;
and I will lay down my life for the sheep.
I have other sheep
that do not belong to this fold.
These also I must lead,
and they will hear my voice,
and there will be one flock,
one shepherd.

Listen.

Listen to Jesus.

Listen to the true love of God.