A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

“His commandment is eternal life”

“Too authoritarian.”

That is the excuse given by some people who reject, leave, or water down the Faith.

Invariably, these people falls even more deeply under the deadly authoritarianism of their own whims – or even worse things.

In today’s Gospel (John 12:44-50), our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ shows us a better way and a better understanding:

The Father who sent me
commanded me what to say and speak.

And I know that his commandment is eternal life.

So what I say, I say as the Father told me.


May you and I, by the grace of Christ, embrace more fully the commandments of God.