A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Remain in Christ

There is too much to do.

There is too much going wrong.

We feel overwhelmed.

May God give us the grace to see the root of the problem: that we are not fully rooted in Him.

Thus our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, true God and true man, speaks to us in today’s Gospel (John 15:1-8):

Remain in me,
as I remain in you.

Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
unless it remains on the vine,
so neither can you
unless you remain in me.

I am the vine,
you are the branches.

Whoever remains in me
and I in him
will bear much fruit,
because without me
you can do nothing.