A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday morning courage

Not all of us like our weekdays.

For some, Monday morning is the hardest time of the week.

But for all of us, Moses’ words in today’s first reading (Exodus 14:5-18) are great words of courage with which to begin this day and this week.

Fear not! Stand your ground,
and you will see the victory

the LORD will win for you today.

Will everything go well today? Possibly not. But no matter what happens, by the grace of God we can faithfully and truthfully repeat the words of today’s Responsorial (Exodus 15:1bc-6):

My strength and my courage is the LORD,
and he has been my savior.