A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gently with the Spirit

The President of the United States is sometimes called “the most man on the planet” because he is Commander-in-Chief of the world’s most powerful military.

In truth, the most powerful man on the planet is a small, soft-spoken, elderly man from Germany because he is the Vicar of Christ.

Today’s Gospel (Matthew 12:14-21) reminds us that the greatest power in the world – the power of Christ, Eternal Son of the Father, through Whom all things were made – is manifested very often in ways that are gentle and subtle.

May we seek always the power of Christ in faith and love, with gentleness and the grace of the Holy Spirit.

Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved in whom I delight;
I shall place my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.


He will not contend or cry out,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.

A bruised reed he will not break,
a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory.