A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Think you’re smart?

Some of us are very confident about the level of our intelligence.

Especially if we are incessant users of the Internet (myself included).

In today’s Gospel (Matthew 11:25-27), our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ reminds us that the most important knowledge – knowledge of God – is a gift.

At that time Jesus exclaimed:

"I give praise to you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for although you have hidden these things
from the wise and the learned
you have revealed them to the childlike.

"Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will.

"All things have been handed over to me by my Father.

"No one knows the Son except the Father,
and no one knows the Father except the Son
and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him."