A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not lost forever

Things could go wrong.

Things could get ugly.

Things may not turn out well.

In the first part of today’s first reading (Acts 8:1b-8), faithful Christians are having a very bad time: the authorities are seeking the destruction of the Church itself, faithful Christians are being dragged out of their houses and thrown in prison, and one has already been killed.

But there is hope.

Even in that time, for example, God is doing great things through the ministry of Philip.

Most importantly, we have the words and the promises of Christ, including what we hear in today’s Gospel (John 6:35-40):

This is the will of the one who sent me,
that I should not lose anything of what he gave me,
but that I should raise it on the last day.

For this is the will of my Father,
that everyone who sees the Son
and believes in him
may have eternal life,
and I shall raise him on the last day.

By the grace of Christ, may we be faithful in living our lives no matter what.