A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, April 30, 2009

It is a gift

Our faith is so wonderful, we want to share it.

And so we must.

But people do not always accept what we have to share.

Faith cannot be forced.

As our Lord Himself reminds us in today’s Gospel (John 6:44-51):

No one can come to me
unless the Father who sent me draw him
and I will raise him on the last day.

It is written in the prophets:
They shall all be taught by God.

Everyone who listens to my Father
and learns from him
comes to me.

May you and I continually ask God that the gift of faith be given in ever greater abundance: to us in our own hearts, to those around us, to those whom we meet, and to the whole world.