A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Whoever receives the one I send..."

In today’s Gospel (John 13:16-20), our Lord speaks simply and clearly about those whom he chooses as messengers:

“Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever receives the one I send
receives me,
and whoever receives me
receives the one who sent me.”


The Holy Father, who this week has come to the United States, has been given a very special mission by Christ, of course, but each of us as Christians have been given our own missions by our Lord.

May we take our missions seriously, remembering that we represent our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.