A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Mission of my Life




"God has created me
to do him some definite service.
He has committed some work to me
which he has not committed
to another.


"I have my mission.
I may never know what it is
in this life,
but I shall be told
in the next.


"I am a link in a chain,
a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for nothing.
I shall do good work.
I shall do his work...."

John Henry Cardinal Newman


from the Vocations pages of the Diocese of Austin



Happy National Vocation Awareness Week!