A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Feeling lower than low

Today’s first reading (Isaiah 41:13-20) continues a series of prophecies of hope.

We need prophecies of hope: sometimes desperately.

Sometimes we feel hopeless.

Sometimes we feel lower than low.

Sometimes we feel like a worm or even worse.

This prophecy of hope is for us.

I am the LORD, your God,
who grasp your right hand;
It is I who say to you,
“Fear not,
I will help you.”
Fear not, O worm Jacob,
O maggot Israel;
I will help you, says the LORD;
your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

No matter how low we may feel, God is right there with us, ready to grasp us by the hand and to enable us to endure and find hope as we continue our journey in this world by the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.