A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Life is hard

Sometimes it feels REALLY hard.

Sometimes it feels impossible.

But with God all things are possible.

Today’s readings – a glorious prophecy (Isaiah 40:25-31), a simple Psalm (103:1-2, 3-4, 8 and 10), and the wonderful words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:28-30) – give us beautiful and powerful reminders of how God can give us what we need within ourselves to persevere in a sometimes very hard world.

Do you not know
or have you not heard?

The LORD is the eternal God,
creator of the ends of the earth.

He does not faint nor grow weary,
and his knowledge is beyond scrutiny.

He gives strength to the fainting;
for the weak he makes vigor abound.

Though young men faint and grow weary,
and youths stagger and fall,
They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength,
they will soar as with eagles’ wings;
They will run and not grow weary,
walk and not grow faint.

*******

Bless the LORD, O my soul;
and all my being, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits.

He pardons all your iniquities,
he heals all your ills.
He redeems your life from destruction,
he crowns you with kindness and compassion.

Merciful and gracious is the LORD,
slow to anger and abounding in kindness.
Not according to our sins does he deal with us,
nor does he requite us according to our crimes.

*******

Come to Me,
all you who labor
and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you
and learn from Me,
for I am meek
and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.

For My yoke is easy,
and My burden light.