A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Close, but...

Words seem insufficient to describe the horror, the disgust, the heartbreak, and the evil of what we hear in today’s Gospel (Matthew 26:14-25): the betrayal of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by Judas Iscariot.

The horror and the heartbreak are intensified by how close Judas was to Christ.

He who has dipped his hand into the dish with me
is the one who will betray me.

You and I strive to be close to Christ.

May Christ give us the grace to become and remain ever more faithful: never to betray Him and never to be parted from Him.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.