How to Discover God's Plan for You
- "Be Quiet in order to hear the Lord's voice calling. Take time to pray and meditate in silence about your vocation, especially in front of the Blessed Sacrament.
- "Find a spiritual director - somebody you can be open with - who can help you to develop your relationship with God and to know yourself better.
- "Ask a priest, brother or sister in your parish to put you in touch with a vocation director.
- "Read up on religious and priestly life. Look at a good periodical on vocations and check out the ads.
- "Write to the communities that interest you.
- "Visit the ones you feel called to.
- "Build a relationship with the one where you have a sense of coming home. Get involved in its summer or monthly programs. Don't just talk the talk - walk the walk with them as well.
- "Wait for the Lord. Discerning your vocation is a process. God's timing is always perfect - but seldom seems soon enough!
"Remember, if you ASK, SEEK, KNOCK, you may not find the vocation you thought you would, but by trying you'll have found out one of the most important things in life - self-knowledge."
"The Community of Franciscan Friars of the Renewal was begun in 1987 by eight Capuchin friars desiring to work more definitively for personal and communal reform within the Catholic Church. The life and apostolate of the friars are rooted in the ideals and spirit of the Capuchin reform born in the early 16th century."
Since then, this community has continued to grow and expand. The picture at the right shows some of the most recently professed brothers.
"These capable young friars testify that God is still calling young people to make a generous gift of themselves in poverty, chastity, and obedience."
(from the website of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal: http://www.franciscanfriars.com/)