A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Jump for joy

In today's Gospel (Luke 1:39-45), John the Baptist leaps for joy in the presence of the Lord, even while he is still in his mother’s womb.

In this Christmas season that is about to begin,
and in all the seasons and years that God grants us
may our hearts and souls always leap for joy
at the thought and in the presence
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus!

Have mercy on me and lift up my heart
that I may sing your praises
in the eternal joy of your Holy Spirit.

Come, Lord Jesus, come!