A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Vocation Answers

The Diocese of Phoenix
has a wonderful new site called
Vocation Answers.

It has good information about
vocations to the priesthood...





...vocations to the religious life...



...and praying for discernment...


"Lord,
look upon our troubled times,
which need preachers of the Gospel,
witnesses to you,
persons who can point the way
to 'life in abundance'!

"With this petition
we knock on God's door;
but with the same petition
the Lord is also knocking
on the doors of our own heart.

"Lord, do you want me?
Is it not perhaps too big for me?
Am I too small for this?

"' Do not be afraid,'
the angel said to Mary.

"' Do not fear.
I have called you by name
,'
God says through the Prophet Isaiah
to us
-- to each of us."

(Pope Benedict XVI)