A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I went down to the potter's house

and there he was,
working at the wheel.

Whenever the object of clay which he was making
turned out badly in his hand,
he tried again,
making of the clay another object
of whatever sort he pleased.

Then the word of the LORD came to me:
Can I not do to you, house of Israel,
as this potter has done? says the LORD.

Indeed, like clay in the hand of the potter,
so are you in my hand, house of Israel.


(from today's first reading - Jeremiah 18:1-6)

May you and I let ourselves be molded by the hand of our Lord.