A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, April 07, 2006

How is your environment?

Some of us are blessed to spend our days in a pleasant environment with supportive people.

Others of us have a work environment like the prophet Jeremiah in today’s first reading (Jeremiah 20:10-13).

I hear the whisperings of many:
“Terror on every side!
Denounce! let us denounce him!”

All those who were my friends
are on the watch for any misstep of mine.

Fortunately, if we remain faithful to the Lord, we can have inner peace and security even in the most treacherous of environments, no matter what happens to us.

But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion:
my persecutors will stumble,
they will not triumph.
In their failure they will be put to utter shame,
to lasting, unforgettable confusion....

Sing to the LORD,
praise the LORD,
For he has rescued the life of the poor
from the power of the wicked!

O Lord, let me always take refuge in you.
Help me walk in your paths
and have mercy upon me, a sinner.