A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, January 06, 2006

So what are vocation retreats really like?

May 2005 retreat"Why do so many young women, often numbering well over a hundred, come for a twenty-four hour retreat? What is it that attracts them from all parts of the United States and Canada? For each young woman, the answer is different and the experience unique. The following are a few glimpses of the retreats in the words of the young women who have experienced the retreats themselves:

May 2005 retreat"'I have to say that your retreat was more intense than any retreat I’ve ever gone on....'

"'....you and your sisters are such a blessing and amazing example of purity and beautiful femininity, I can’t tell you what a joy it is for me to see you!'

"'The Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist is probably not the avenue that I am being called to, but what I learned while on this retreat is more than enough to guide me through whatever path God’s will leads me!'

"'I just want to tell you how much fun I had on your retreat and that if I do have a vocation to be a Sister, I think I would be a Sister of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist...'

"'I feel as though it really gave me the quiet time that I needed to figure some things out and make some decisions. I feel as though I learned a lot about myself through prayer, and I know that I have a much greater appreciation and admiration for the religious vocation. You and the other sisters are the beautiful, joyful witnesses to Christ’s love, and that is so very important.'"

Novicesfrom the website of
the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist


The next retreats are scheduled for
Feb. 25-26, 2006 and
May. 6-7, 2006

Click here for details