A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Payback time at the Vineyard

At his election, Pope Benedict XVI called himself “a simple and humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord.”

So too all of us need to be simple and humble workers in God’s vineyard.

The question is: how hard are we working?

Today’s readings (Isaiah 5:1-7 and Matthew 21:33-43) remind us that God, who has given us the vineyard and everything we have, expects fruits from the graces he has given us.

What do we have to show? What fruit has been produced in our corner of the vineyard?

Time is short. We need to get to work.

God, be merciful to me.

God, help me with your grace to do what I must do - in the precious name of Jesus, my Lord.