A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, September 30, 2005

Dissent

Many today cherish dissent, for they are intelligent people, products of modern education, and citizens of countries that advocate freedom.

To be sure, in many cases, discussion is a valuable thing, but dissent is not an end in itself.

In fact, when it comes to faith, dissent can be the end – the end of everything... forever.

Hear the word of the Lord to his disciples in today’s Gospel (Luke 10:13-16):

Whoever listens to you listens to me.

Whoever rejects you rejects me.

And whoever rejects me
rejects the one who sent me.