A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Comfort

The world presents us with many challenges. The Lord presents us with challenges as well: challenges to be more loving, pure, and faithful.

Yet the Lord also gives us comfort, as today’s readings testify so beautifully

As Isaiah says, so we say,
My soul yearns for you in the night;
yes, my spirit within me looks early for you....
LORD, you will ordain peace for us...


And our Lord Himself says,
Come to me,
all you who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and you shall find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.