A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Prince of Peace and Lord of Lords

(Blog entry from yesterday delayed for technical reasons)

There is a very popular conception of Jesus as almost a cartoon figure preaching love and peace and not much else. People who think that way seem out of touch with yesterday’s Gospel, in which Jesus says,

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother...'"

Jesus is indeed the Prince of Peace, the ultimate reconciler, the infinite manifestation of divine love, but he is also the Way, the Truth, and the Life.