A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Striving to be faithful in an unfaithful world

"For many,
as I have often told you
and now tell you even in tears,
conduct themselves
as enemies of the cross of Christ.

"Their end is destruction.

"Their God is their stomach;
their glory is in their 'shame.'

"Their minds are occupied
with earthly things.

"But our citizenship is in heaven,
and from it
we also await a savior,
the Lord Jesus Christ.

"He will change our lowly body
to conform with His glorified body
by the power that enables Him also
to bring all things into subjection
to Himself.

"Therefore, my brothers and sisters,
whom I love and long for,
my joy and crown,
in this way stand firm in the Lord."

(from today's Epistle - Phillipians 3:17—4:1)

(Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me - a sinner.)