A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's good to be king

Today’s Gospel (Luke 23:35-43) reminds us of what is so good about Christ being King.

His greatest throne on earth was the Cross.

And the most powerful way He exercises His Kingship is our salvation.

Above him there was an inscription that read,
"This is the King of the Jews."

Now one of the criminals hanging there
reviled Jesus, saying,
"Are you not the Christ?
Save yourself and us."

The other, however, rebuking him,
said in reply,
"Have you no fear of God,
for you are subject to the same condemnation?
And indeed, we have been condemned justly,
for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes,
but this man has done nothing criminal."

Then he said,
"Jesus, remember me
when you come into your kingdom."

He replied to him,
"Amen, I say to you,
today you will be with me in Paradise."

(Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.)