A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

How to get something out of life

The Lord Jesus tells us,

Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
unless it remains on the vine,
so neither can you

unless you remain in me.

I am the vine,

you are the branches.

Whoever remains in me and I in him

will bear much fruit,
because without me you can do nothing.

Anyone who does not remain in me
will be thrown out like a branch and wither;
people will gather them and throw them into a fire
and they will be burned.

If you remain in me

and my words remain in you,
ask for whatever you want

and it will be done for you.

By this is my Father glorified,
that you bear much fruit

and become my disciples.

(from today's Gospel - John 15:1-8)