A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, November 16, 2009

"Everlasting horror and disgrace"

I’m sorry I failed to post anything yesterday.

Sunday’s readings reminded us about the end of the world, which many fear.

The readings may also have reminded us of things in ourselves and in our lives about which we are not proud, especially this phrase from the first reading (Daniel 12:1-3): “everlasting horror and disgrace.”

Yet, no matter what we have done and no matter what we may fear, the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is infinitely more powerful.

May we pray always for that grace and that mercy.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.