A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, September 04, 2009

Serve the Lord with gladness

In the 21st century, mottos often seem to be only used as vestiges of tradition or as tools of corporate marketing.

Choosing and retaining a motto, however, can be extraordinarily useful for a person’s life, most especially when the motto comes from Scripture AND is truly a guiding principle for that person’s life.

Whenever I have thought of a motto, I have always thought of this phrase from today’s Responsorial (Psalm 100):


Servite Domino in laetitia

Serve the Lord with gladness.


I am not always perfect in living this motto (orate pro me), but the more I remember it and the better I live it, the happier I am.

What should your motto be?