A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, July 12, 2009

“Is not my job”

Many times we hear people say, “It’s not my job, man.”

Many times when it comes to proclaiming the truth of Christ in the world around us we too think “It’s not my job, man.”

In today’s first reading (Amos 7:12-15), the prophet Amos says that he thought very much the same thing.

But God told him otherwise.

I was no prophet,
nor have I belonged to a company of prophets;
I was a shepherd and a dresser of sycamores.


The LORD took me from following the flock,
and said to me,
Go, prophesy to my people Israel.

It is our job, if God says.

May we respond what God has to say and be faithful in carrying out the tasks he lays before us.