A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, April 13, 2009

Not abandoned

In today’s first reading (Acts 2:14, 22-33), the first public proclamation of Christ’s Resurrection, Saint Peter quotes from the sixteenth Psalm as a prophecy of the Resurrection.

These words are not only a fulfilled prophecy of Christ, they are also powerful words of hope for us, for they describe the power of the Resurrection that Christ shares with us – powerful words of hope especially for our darkest moments.

Therefore my heart has been glad
and my tongue has exulted;
my flesh, too, will dwell in hope,
because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world,
nor will you suffer your holy one to see corruption.
You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.