A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Trust

This is a frightening time for many in the world today, as economies flounder and the finances of families and companies unravel.

In this time of worry, we hear the comforting words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in one of the Gospels provided for today’s celebration of All Souls’ Day (John 6:37-40):

Everything that the Father gives me
will come to me,
and I will not reject
anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven
not to do my own will
but the will of the one who sent me.

And this is the will
of the one who sent me,
that I should not lose anything
of what he gave me,
but that I should raise it on the last day.

We must keep trying the best we can, using all of the prudence and resources God has given us, but we must also have faith and trust, that - no matter what - we will always remain in the tender and loving hands of God.