A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, October 31, 2008

“This is my prayer”

In these days of economic troubles and as many prepare to vote in important elections, my prayer for each of you is the prayer of Saint Paul in today’s first reading (Philippians 1:1-11);

This is my prayer:
that your love may increase ever more and more
in knowledge
and every kind of perception,
to discern what is of value,
so that you may be pure
and blameless for the day of Christ,
filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ
for the glory and praise of God.