A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, May 21, 2007

You will be scattered

It is great to be the member of a large Church, with millions and millions of people who believe as we do.

It is great to live in communities where authentic Christian values are considered good things and fully lived.

Today’s Gospel (John 16:29-33) reminds us that we are not guaranteed the comforts of numbers or solidarity.

Behold, the hour is coming
and has arrived
when each of you will be scattered to his own home
and you will leave me alone.


But our Lord also reminds us of the comfort that will never leave his faithful ones forsaken.

But I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

I have told you this
so that you might have peace in me.

In the world you will have trouble,
but take courage, I have conquered the world.