A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, November 03, 2006

Readers,this is what I REALLY think of you!

I give thanks to my God
at every remembrance of you,
praying always with joy
in my every prayer for all of you,
because of your partnership for the Gospel
from the first day until now.

I am confident of this,
that the one who began a good work in you
will continue to complete it
until the day of Christ Jesus.

It is right that I should think this way
about all of you,
because I hold you in my heart,
you who are all partners with me in grace,
both in my imprisonment
and in the defense
and confirmation
of the Gospel.

For God is my witness,
how I long for all of you
with the affection of Christ Jesus.

And this is my prayer:
that your love may increase
ever more and more
in knowledge and every kind of perception,
to discern what is of value,
so that you may be pure and blameless
for the day of Christ,
filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ
for the glory and praise of God.


(from today's first reading Philippians 1:1-11)