A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"Dear Brothers and Sisters..."

"On this, the first anniversary of my election as the Successor of Saint Peter, I thank the Lord for his unfailing help, and I express my gratitude to all those who have supported me by their prayers. I ask you to continue praying that, by God’s grace, I may always be a gentle and firm Shepherd for Christ’s flock.

"During these days of Easter, the Church proclaims the Good News of Christ's suffering, death and resurrection.

"The Paschal Mystery is the core of our faith! Our yearly celebration of Easter is a foretaste of the eternal joy of heaven. This joy is renewed each Sunday at the celebration of the Eucharist, when we proclaim 'the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come,' and celebrate the new life received in Baptism.

"During these days of Easter, all Christians are called to encounter the Risen Lord, to renew their faith in him, to be transformed by the power of his grace, and to share with the men and women of our time the Good News that Christ is truly risen!"
(Pope Benedict XVI - from this morning's General Audience)

***

A Penitent Blogger humbly wishes Pope Benedict XVI a blessed anniversary and more.

AD MULTOS ANNOS
GLORIOSQUE ANNOS
VIVAS