A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, March 17, 2006

Prayer for Discernment

"Lord I know that you love me
and that you have great plans for me.
But sometimes
I am overwhelmed by the thought of my future.
Show me how to walk forward one day at a time.

"As I explore the various options which lie before me,
help me to listen openly to others,
and to pay attention
to what is in the depth of my own heart.

"In this way,
may I hear your call to a way of life
which will allow me to love as only I can,
and allow me to serve others
with the special gifts you have given me.
Amen."

from the website of
the Conference of Diocesan Vocation Directors of Ireland

www.vocations.ie