A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Delight in clemency

Today’s Gospel (Luke 15:1-3,11-32) gives us the familiar parable of the Prodigal Son. It ties in quite obviously with the first reading (Micah 7:14-15, 18-20) that acclaims our loving God who “delights in clemency.”

As we hear again this parable, we should ask ourselves the question, “Which of the people in the parable is more like me?”

Am I the rebellious, wandering child?
Am I the child who is obedient but resentful?
Am I the parent who loves and embraces his repentant child?

No matter who we are or what we have done, God calls us to delight in clemency.