A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Feeling frustrated?

"Therefore,
that I might not become too elated,
a thorn in the flesh was given to me,
an angel of Satan,
to beat me,
to keep me from being too elated.

"Three times I begged the Lord about this,
that it might leave me,
but he said to me,
'My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness.'

"I will rather boast most gladly
of my weaknesses,
in order that the power of Christ
may dwell with me.

"Therefore, I am content
with weaknesses, insults,
hardships, persecutions,
and constraints,
for the sake of Christ;
for when I am weak,
then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:7b-10 (from today's first reading)