A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Sending and receiving

We know from Scripture, history, and experience (including the negative reaction in certain quarters to Pope Benedict XVI) that the world does not always receive well those who are faithful messengers of God.

We are accused of arrogance, when in fact we are being honest and humble: we are not the masters of the message, we are not the Lord, we are simply those who are sent.

As our Lord says in today’s Gospel (Jn, 13: 16-20):

Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The servant is not greater than his lord;
neither (is) he that is sent
greater than he that sent him.

Nobody likes rejection, but when we are rejected by others for being faithful to Christ, we are not the ones being rejected.

Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that receiveth whomsoever I send
receiveth me;
and he that receiveth me
receiveth him that sent me.


May we always receive Christ fully and be faithful to him wherever we are sent.