A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ready for Sunday?

From today's first reading:

If you hold back your foot on the sabbath
from following your own pursuits on my holy day;

If you call the sabbath a delight,
and the LORD's holy day honorable;

If you honor it by not following your ways,
seeking your own interests, or speaking with malice–

Then you shall delight in the LORD,
and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;

I will nourish you with the heritage of Jacob, your father,
for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
Isaiah 58:13-14

(I know I need to do better in this - among other things.)