A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, January 10, 2005

Daily gems

As we begin Ordinary Time, I am reminded that the Office of the Readings is one of the great gems of the Church, hidden from most and perhaps not appreciated often enough by those solemnly obligated to recite it.

Both of today's two readings - the reading from Scripture and the second reading - struck me as particularly wonderful and I have posted them on Toward Contemplation.

Meanwhile, probably the best online resources for the Office of the Readings (and the rest of the Liturgy of the Hours) are:

The Liturgy of the Hours Apostolate (complete versions)
www.liturgyhours.org

Universalis
www.universalis.com

Oremus pro invicem