A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, October 23, 2004

How Will I Know God Is Calling Me?

  • Am I open to whatever God's will is for me?
  • Am I free to respond to God's call?
  • Do I feel joy, hope, or peace when I think about religious life?
  • Is my motivation of a spiritual nature, wanting to serve God and His people?
  • Am I in good health physically and emotionally?
  • How is Jesus present in my life?
  • Do I love silence and prayer?
  • What do I hope for?
  • Can I see God working in my life?
  • What are the "Gospel Values" for me in relation to discipleship, the Kingdom of God, perseverance, truth, poverty, chastity, obedience, hope, mercy, humility?
  • What is my "inner voice" saying to me?

From the Discernment page of the website for
the Daughters of Mary of the Immaculate Conception