A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, July 19, 2004

What were the teachers doing?

So asked someone in the town in India where 90 schoolchildren died in a fire while all of the teachers reportedly escaped unharmed.
 
One should be loath to condemn all the teachers, based only on fragmentary reports, but one should also ask oneself some very hard questions.
 
Would I risk my life to save someone else? Would I let fear and danger keep me from doing the right thing?

God forbid that any of us should be brought to that choice, but as Christians we would do well to ask ourselves such questions regularly and pray to God that we will have the grace and courage to do the right thing without hesitation in a moment of fear.