A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thus says Christ the King


I Myself will look after and tend my sheep.

As a shepherd tends his flock
when he finds himself among his scattered sheep,
so will I tend My sheep.

I will rescue them
from every place where they were scattered
when it was cloudy and dark.

I myself will pasture My sheep;
I myself will give them rest,
says the Lord GOD.

The lost I will seek out,
the strayed I will bring back,
the injured I will bind up,
the sick I will heal,
but the sleek and the strong I will destroy,
shepherding them rightly.


(from today's first reading - Ezekiel 34:11-12, 15-17)