A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Bad things happen to good people

In today’s readings, bad things happen to good people.

In the first reading (Jeremiah 18:18-20) and even in the Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 31:5-6, 14 15-16), devout people are being targeted for destruction.

We do not always know why bad things happen to good people nor is it always clear exactly how God will set all things right or how God will judge among the good, the bad, and everything in between.

We are not God. We are not omniscient. We do not have infinite wisdom nor the perspective of eternity.

We may not know how God will set all things right, but we know that He will.

My trust is in you, O LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
In your hands is my destiny; rescue me...


Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.