A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Family ties

In today’s Gospel (Mark 3:31-35), our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ reminds us that very special family ties can be ours if we truly live our faith.

For whoever does the will of God
is my brother and sister and mother.


In that same spirit, Saint Paul in his letters to Timothy and Titus (provided as options for today’s first reading – 2 Timothy 1:1-8 or Titus 1:1-5) calls them his children.

How well are you and I living our faith?

How well are you and I behaving as a family with our brothers and sisters in Christ?