A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Proclaiming the entire plan of God

In today’s first reading (Acts 20:17-27), Saint Paul bids farewell to representatives of the Church at Ephesus, saying

I solemnly declare to you this day
that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you,
for I did not shrink from proclaiming to you
the entire plan of God.


How many of us could say the same?

Do we proclaim the Truth in its fullness or are there some things about the faith we never give witness to?

To be sure, we should be prudent in our proclamation (Saint Paul spent years teaching at Ephesus), but we must always be faithful to the Truth of Christ in its entirety.

(Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me - a sinner).